AccueilPortailGalerieRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion

Chaotic's workbench

2 participants
AuteurMessage
chaotic landscape
----
chaotic landscape

Chaotic's workbench Empty
MessageSujet: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeLun 23 Avr - 1:07

Hi guys !

Since there's a lot going on in my life right now I feel like sharing some news about me here ( in spoil, so if you don't want to be bothered don't look at it Wink

Spoiler:

Of course I didn't opened a thread just to fill you in about my boresome life. I started a couple of sculpts one for fun (with meme and Peach) and one more seriously twi'lek-ish.

I also came up with a project. It's called "An insomnia - a bust". I sculpted and made a waste mold of an average skull, casted it in wax, and everytime i'll have trouble sleeping I'll just turn on the waxpen and work on my face muscles and expressions.

Not that much pictures yet ( way to tease, huh ? Razz ) but I hid one shot in this topic Laughing

Cheers !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://the-dirty-brush.over-blog.com
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeLun 23 Avr - 9:45

That's a great opportunity for you! Keep goin'on!cheers

Words are nice, but regarding to our occupations here, pictures are better! Chaotic's workbench 3378708638 (So lets the Wookiee win!)
chaotic landscape
----
chaotic landscape

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeMar 24 Avr - 15:02

In case you didn't notice my new avatar, here are a couple of shots of the twi'lek bust, 1/6 scale.

Chaotic's workbench P4157489
Chaotic's workbench P4157471
Chaotic's workbench F-2

Just blended masses, it has no textures done, I'm still thinking about what he'll wear as clothes and on his head.
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeMar 24 Avr - 18:29

Oh yes I seen, and it's better to see new things on good pictures like yours!
It's not easy to tell something with a bust, it's static and that's why we usaualy prefer figures.
And with this kind of characters you can represent some impressive and authoritatve attitude like on this illustration of Fortuna(one of my favorite SW character):

Spoiler:
chaotic landscape
----
chaotic landscape

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeMar 24 Avr - 18:56

Actually this sculpt initiated the project Insomnia/Bust, It took me less than 5 hours to sculpt the skull precisely, mold it with A+B silicon, and add muscles etc. I wanted to make a human face after all those monsters and aliens. But unable to sleep, I kept going, the man became a twi'lek ( I must have an alien fetish, or a star wars fetish, or a star war's aliens one Rolling Eyes ).

I don't see it as a bust full of expression, but more a portraiture bust like there were so many done between the XV° and the XIX° century. I can even plan to make these on 1:1 and cast these in plaster to push the idea further ( and that little californian guy named Jordu gave me the weirdest wish to make things bigger and bigger and BIGGER ! Twisted Evil )
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeMar 24 Avr - 21:27

Ah that is an original project! And I think taht if you want to show this it will more difficult without sculpting on real scale.
And I would say that most of the time classsical sculpture is bigger than 1/1, per exemple Rodin did sculpting at 1,5/1 and more, with this you can express the strenght of the expresiv flesh, everything came from this, like the famous Jule Dalou bust:

Spoiler:

Next time you go in Paris, you may go to the musée Maillol, even if there's a lot of sculptures of his last period that I don't realy like, there's also some of his realy amazing bust, very "classique". (And in this musée you can be realy realy close to the sculpture, if you see what I mean^^')

(edit: I think I have some picture on some mobilephone, I have to check it!)

If you want to do a seemlike classical bust, forget the 1/6, Jordu is right! I made a 1/1 Cyborg head a few years ago, and it's something realy different!! Chaotic's workbench 3378708638
chaotic landscape
----
chaotic landscape

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeMar 24 Avr - 23:17

As I said, this is just a rough sculpt like many others to follow, aiming to find the good ones to be on real scale and casted in plaster.

I'll stick on 1:1 at first, I don't have enough experience on large scales to fool around too big. Big means long for me, and long means I might not be able to finish it in time I'm in the mood for it. When I start a project I have a great energy and as long as I see its end, I can go on. But the longer it takes the less I focus, I start doubting, questionning everything that I planned to make or already made, I undo, redo, undo, and it ends undone somewhere. Sometime something triggers a boost of motivation, and if I get lucky or have the time, I finish what must have been. But some might never have this chance ( yeah that alien queen is really rotting in dust :/)
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeMer 25 Avr - 9:39

Yes I understand, and that's a real problem in starting new project!
During years, I know that, regarding to myself, when I'm loosing my belief in a project, I know now that's because it's not enough embicious.
When I'm making something that I realy realy like, I can let it on the sideboard for weeks or months, and there is no problem to go back on.

I'm actualy on a new project (not for hobby) and I'm exactly in that position, after working on for two weeks, I finaly discovered that it wasn't that,
so I go back on redefined the project to find the good way.

Hang on! Chaotic's workbench 1462824009
chaotic landscape
----
chaotic landscape

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitimeSam 19 Mai - 0:00

Do you guys know what's super efficient to get a work done ? A DAMN SHORT DEADLINE Evil or Very Mad

I'm going to a double birthday party tomorow, but I'm a little short on money, so I decided to give 2 painted and customized Twi'leks.

Here I'll just post the pictures of the sculpt finished before casting. I haven't any pictures of the resin casts and I'll open a thread in the finished works section for the 2 painted version.

Chaotic's workbench P5117572
Chaotic's workbench P5117580
Chaotic's workbench P5117582-2

Hop you'll enjoy it. I had a great time sculpting it. I tried new technics like baby powder texturing, non organic sculpt ( the concrete pedestal), ...
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Chaotic's workbench   Chaotic's workbench I_icon_minitime

Chaotic's workbench
Page 1 sur 1