AccueilPortailGalerieRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion

1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan

5 participants
AuteurMessage
ogami
--
ogami

1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan Empty
MessageSujet: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeVen 27 Jan - 11:38

Hi everyone, here is the start of this Hulk WIP.

I'm not especially fan of Hulk or Marvel characters but when I was asked for commission this kit, I thought that it was a nice and new experience... Wink

This Hulk is a French project. He was sculpt by one of our precious member here : Barbarian Fan !

This is the most huge kit I ever had to build, he weigh about 8,5 kg (18.7 lbs) for about 40 cm(16 inches) height and 40 cm(16 inches) width... you may see the pict with my hand on it to imagine.
For this kit, I had no choice than assembling all the parts before the painting job... Razz

I decided some times ago to not take new one to be able new one to work at 100% on my own projects, so after this Hulk it will be entirely finished for the commissions ! Yesss ! Wink
It's the first part of the WIP only because he is still unfinished but I will update as soon as I will have new picts to show !

1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan Hulk-WIP-banner
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-01
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-02
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-03
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-04
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-05
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-06
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-07
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-08
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-09
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-10
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-11
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-13
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-14
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-15
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-16
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-17
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-18
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-19
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-20
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-21

To be continued ! Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ogamitaicho.deviantart.com
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeDim 29 Jan - 22:25

Really nice kit, seems very huge too.

No problem that you can't solve, as usual. And always a meticulous and methodical approach my dear watson.

Really promising work.

As usual. ^^
Barbarian Fan

Barbarian Fan

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeLun 30 Jan - 13:40

cheers cheers cheers

There's a lot of work with all those bubbles but the preparation is very well done

Can't wait to see the final result !
ogami
--
ogami

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 10:29

@Pinta, thanks bro ! Very Happy Yep this kit is not especially easy but it is a nice experience that may help me for my next projects ! Very Happy
The parts of the other kits are looking so "light" now that I'm used to this huge guy ! 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan 3533750866

@Barbarian : Thanks my friend. It's the first time that I have a comment from the sculptor of a figure that I paint. 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan 1166361511
It's very nice but that is also a lot of pressure ! I hope that you will like him in the final ! 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan 3463096386
The color scheme was chosen by my commissioner, anyway, I like it this way because I may have used nearly the same if I would have paint this kit for me. Wink

Here are some new picts ! I'm currently working on the base and the details, will update it very soon ! 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan 4248380610

1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-22
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-23
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-24
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-25
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-26
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-27
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-28
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-29
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-30
1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan WIP-Hulk-31

Dernière édition par ogami le Jeu 1 Mar - 14:47, édité 1 fois
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 10:54

ok!! This jean need to get dirty! 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan 3378708638
ogami
--
ogami

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 11:11

Yep I know what you mean ! Wink I have retouched the edges with a lighter blue and have added some "wear-out" effects but not too much because I will stay close of what my commissioner wants. Very Happy
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 11:52

Damn, you always make possible the impossible by using acrylics in tube (every way I try it always block the airbrush).

What are your ratios alcool / thiner / acrylic ? (I know it's the artist' secret, but, pretty, pretty,pretty please 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan Baa60776).

Very detailled WIP, Mister, and very cool work as always.
Let's rock !
ogami
--
ogami

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 12:25

Thanks bro ! Very Happy
My ratio is not a secret at all...Rolling Eyes Maybe that if your airbrush is blocked it is because that your mix is not enough "mixed" or thinned down... Rolling Eyes

The paint need also to be very well mixed. Sometimes I let it "rest" one or two hours, then I mix again with a big brush to be sure that there will not be any "little balls" of paint not thinned...
When my mix has been stocked for a long time and I want to spray it again, I use that tool to pour the paint in the jar of my airbrush.

The aspect may looks like "milk", but that really depends on what you need to do and you may do several tests with your airbrush.
For the tinner ratio, I would say about 50% X-20A / 50% alcohol. But I have to say that sometimes to save some X-20A that is even better to thin for paint brush, I use 100% alcohol for airbrush and it works also very well. Wink

I hope that it will help ! cheers I mainly use these Pébéo acrylic tubes because I'm satisfied of the colors and the colors chart and most of all, because it is a lot cheaper than any other hobby specialized brands... Embarassed

Dernière édition par ogami le Jeu 16 Fév - 13:36, édité 1 fois
Barbarian Fan

Barbarian Fan

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 13:17

No pression Ogami, your work is fantastic, love it Twisted Evil

The lights & shades and the colors are perfect to me.

Thanxx for the explanations, I wish I could do the same.

Can't wait to see the final result bounce bounce bounce
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 16 Fév - 13:30

It is noted.
The mixing time surprised me, and you're right this is my psychotic and impatient way of doing that betray me. Laughing

Thank you very much. Very Happy
krichaorh

krichaorh

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeLun 20 Fév - 15:12

Good result Og cheers
Marvelous paint job with light shade...

Is that you that choose the green color or customer ?
ogami
--
ogami

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitimeJeu 1 Mar - 14:46

@Barbarian Fan :
Thanks to you ! I'm glad that you like the way I painted him ! 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan 1409412747

@Pinta :
Sometimes I don't wait this delay, especially with Tamiya thinner that is a very good thinner ! lol!

@Krich :
Thanks ! Very Happy The skin color was chosen by the customer ! And tht's was OK for me because I would have probably have chosen this one for me too if it has been a personnal project. Wink

PS : Just edited the second WIP post by adding a pict with the base before the painting job. Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan   1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan I_icon_minitime

1/5 - The Hulk by Barbarian Fan
Page 1 sur 1